Sunday, February 17, 2013

And now for something new

Quick note: If you're reading this because it was linked to on facebook, and you feel inclined to comment, please comment on the blog rather than on facebook, since I'm on a "facebook fast" right now and won't be able to see anything you say there.

So, first, the big news: I start a new job tomorrow. I'll be working for Search Discovery with their new Tag Management System product, Satellite. In the past, I've always been a consultant, helping big companies figure out the technology behind tracking what users are doing on their websites, how they got there, and how we can make the website better based on that. Check out this post I did for work to see how/why we track and how it actually should make internet users happy.

The majority of my job was helping clients implement JavaScript on their pages to do this tracking- which is a "niche" enough skill that the demand is high for consultants and I never needed to worry about finding jobs (I have a long story behind how I lucked into the job/industry I'm in, but let me just say: I'm very lucky and very blessed). So, Satellite, the product I'm going to work for/with, aims to make that implementation process easier. Also, if any college-aged-ish folks are wondering what industry to get into, let me tell you: Digital Measurement is THE place to be. Seriously.

"But, wait!" you may say, "I thought you LOVED your old job! Didn't you just move to Atlanta for that job?" You're right, I did. The 20 months or so I spent at Keystone were amazing and I love every person there like family, and I learned and grew so much and had some amazing opportunities. That company is going through some major changes though and it felt like time to learn/do something new. We're VERY excited about this new change and what it means for our whole family.
Fortunately, my new job is also here in Altanta, in midtown, meaning I'm going to have a doozy of a commute. Which is why we bought our new Prius, making us a two-car family again for the first time in 3 years. We love our new car and LOVE how little gas it uses!


In other news:
Kenny shaved his beard (he has since also gotten a haircut):

Camille also got her hair cut (for the first time). It's still going to be an uphill battle. When it's cute, it's REALLY cute. When it's not done just right it's.... ummm.... well, she is my child, for sure.

We took the kids to the circus on Friday (my one day between jobs) and had a blast. School goes well for Daniel, Camille is talking up a storm, and Kenny and I continue to have a lot of fun with Legos in our free time:)

As always, more pics on smugmug




2 comments:

Kevin Ball said...

Congrats on the new job!

Life as a Convert (Khourt) said...

Congrats on the new job!

Your husband looks SO different with the cut and shaved beards.