Thursday, August 02, 2012

Quick catch-up

I've been daunted about restarting the blog, it has been so long and SO much has happened (oh, by the way, we sold our Houston house and live in Atlanta now).

But I just wrote an email to a friend updating her on the last few months, and figured the least I could do was copy and paste that:

Things are going great. We LOVE Atlanta. And I just got a promotion to a mentoring/management roll that I think will be a good fit. We've gotten a gym membership and I've been doing boot-camp style team workouts that have completely been kicking my butt, plus we got a vitamix and I've been sneaking spinache into my smoothies (and kenny is training for his first marathon) so we're feeling healthier (and tireder).
Camille is starting to talk, saying things like "dog" and "duck" and "car". We're thinking of starting potty training with her soon, since she is showing a lot of the signs of readiness. Daniel starts pre-k (it's free in Georgia) on Monday- woohoo!

We attended a family reunion (with my 2 parents, 4 siblings, 4 siblings-in-law, and 13.5 nieces/nephews) a few weeks ago in Washington and had such a wonderful time- honestly, I can't think of how it could have been better.
I have about 7 months worth of pictures to post, but I'll go ahead and just post the recent family pictures my sister Lori took (as taken from her Elby Photography website):









So many more at the album, go check it out!

And the family reunion pics:



My cute parents:
With all of their grandkids!

3 comments:

Dwight said...

Thanks for reposting your blog. Love the fun pictures of your beautiful family.

Danielle said...

Thanks for the quick catch up! I have been wondering about you! Can't wait to hear more about Atlanta living if you have the chance to catch up more - sounds like you are busy with lots of changes! The kids are adorable...I love the pictures that Lori took. Hope all is well!

angie said...

Love the update...I check your blog often:) I am not good about updating mine either....you have inspired me:). Love to see your adorable children! They grow up so fast!